Gratitudes

17 November 2019


It has been a long time since I have written a gratitude post.  I used to write them most Sundays, joining with a fellow blogger, a lovely tradition reflecting on the week and to find gratitude in the every day.  Taking the time to reflect and slow down can be difficult in the busyness of life, especially as we head into the build up to Christmas.  If you want to join me, please post a link to your post in the comments below.

Appreciating the joy and beauty of the every day ordinary.

This month I have been grateful for...

...amazing friends who have supported me when I have been unwell

...a wonderful holiday and the hospitality of our friends

...our wood burning stove and a good supply of seasoned wood

...making new connections with a lovely family

...nourishing learning alongside a dear friend

...my local farmers market

...a beautiful Martinmas celebration with friends

...the generosity of gifts for Cameron's birthday from friends and family 

...the beautiful colours of Autumn

...inspiring museum workshops  

...time to rest 

...the volunteers who run the Archery club that Cameron is part of

...the gorgeous light on cold and frosty mornings

...time to talk to my Mum on the phone 


❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊


I will do a monthly gratitude post and you would be most welcome to join me. The next one will be on Sunday 15 December.

19 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful thing to do - I do a 'three things I am grateful for' quietly when I am in bed before I fall asleep, listing three things every night - it does make for a happier me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a lovely idea, what a beautiful ritual.

      Delete
  2. You have much to be grateful for. Following a trying week, I've been trying to focus on the positives myself. It's especially important at this time of year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important at this time of year I agree Jules, it can be so hard to stay positive when it is grey and wet outside can't it?

      Delete
  3. We have so much to be grateful for if we just take the time to think about it. Life seems to pass by in a flash so it's important to just slow down and appreciate things a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post...

    With a lovely photo...

    ✨🌲✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful list, I miss talking to my mom Immensely however I have an Aunt and a sister who fill in the void and make phone calls treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I am glad to hear that you have family you can talk to on the phone, it is so important to keep these connections isn't it?

      Delete
  6. I have never heard of a 'gratitude' post but I like what you say. I am especially grateful not only for my husband and family, but some very dear friends, one of whom has sent me - totally unexpectedly - some chocolate to cheer me (I had been a bit low and tired after falling a few weeks ago). I think, especially when we are a bit low in spirit, it's good to sit down and consider all the good things for which we are grateful. These needn't always be different from the last time we did this, such as I'm ALWAYS grateful that when I turn on the tap/fawcett, we have fresh, clean, drinking water instantly, and I've not had to walk miles to a well or a watering hole to carry back water a container (perhaps on my head) of water that mightn't even be potable.
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by. I am sorry to hear that you have had a fall, I hope the chocolate helped with the recovery a little.

      Delete
  7. I clicked back here by chance and was delighted to see that you are back blogging again after your absence. How fabulous to be able to read back over the last few months and catch up with your news and happenings. I finds blogs such as yours a salve to the soul, so lovely to have you back writing again and also to hear that your mum is healed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again! Thank you so much for popping in and for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. Ahhh, so much to be thankful for! Lovely.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you start on a gratitude list they just seem to grow - we are all so fortunate and it is good to remember all the little things that are pleasurable in life and balance out the negative. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true that they seem to grow. Yes we are fortunate and it is good to remind ourselves of that.

      Delete
  10. I hope that illness has left you and that December will be healthy and happy for you. I’m going to check out the scavenger hunt photo. I used to do a few of these but lost the contact and they kind of fell by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)