Checking In

16 August 2019


I hadn't planned to be gone from this space for three years, I can't quite believe it has been that long, in some ways it feels like forever and in other ways just yesterday.  I am not going to fill in those three years in this post that would make for a rather long read and probably bore you to tears in the process!

It all started with a fall down the stairs*, not mine or me, but in the aftermath it sent my life in a direction that I wasn't quite expecting, this wee space got put on the shelf and forgotten about for a while, life was such that I went offline completely for a while.  When the dust had settled, and life was in a new normal, the blog remained on its shelf neglected and forgotten.  That one event, three years ago, was a stone falling into water, the ripple effect on our lives followed a motion that three years on we are still feeling some of the effects of and our life has continued to be somewhat unexpected in the direction it is taking.  Despite that it has bought my extended family closer together and we have all supported each other.  It is at times like this that make you realise how lucky you are to have the support of family around you when you need it most.

The last few months, in particular, have been rather unsettling with several major and some minor events all adding together to make us all feel a tad unsettled, throwing rekindling this blog into the mix might seem like a foolish decision to make.  Some of those events have meant that our lives are currently going through a period of change, the rhythm and routine of our week is going to look very different in the coming months so I am hoping those changes will mean that blogging can, once again, fit into my life.

It has not been all sadness and unexpected events.  We have had some wonderful moments too, including a month long trip to the Bahamas to visit friends, many nights camping, canoe trips to beautiful parts of my country and watching my children develop and grow.  They are now 10 and 14, my 14 year old is already taller than me and the ten year old is not far behind on the height stakes.

I have missed this space, the writing, the sharing, the connecting with like minded people the world over.  I have been reading a few of my favourite blogs these past few weeks, you may have noticed me paying you a visit, and note that the world of blogging and blogs has changed a little in my time away from it, there are so many different social media platforms now, but, to me, none compare to blogging and I am looking forward to reconnecting with you all through this lovely medium.

********************************

*my mum who broke her ankle rather badly, she is doing fine now.

20 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you blogging again. I always find it sad when a blog falls by the wayside, especially when we don't know a reason why, I always hope that all is well. I'm sorry to read that your life has had some unexpected twists and turns over the last three years but I'm glad that there's been some lovely things happening too. Glad to hear that your mum is doing well after her fall down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jo. I have missed blogging and am looking forward to getting back in touch with some blogging friends.

      Delete
  2. welcome back and glad you are writing again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Looking forward to reconnecting with some blogging friends.

      Delete
  3. It's so lovely to see you back in this little space once again. I checked in occasionally, just in case I'd missed one of your posts.
    I'm sorry about your mum's fall. It's reassuring to know she's doing OK now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so lovely of you. Looking forward to reconnecting with some blogging friends.

      Delete
  4. How good it is to see you back again and I will look forward to more posts and hope that things will allow time for you to come back to blogging. I too gave up up blogging for a long time but am considering whether to return to it and whether I have anything different to say. I hope your Mum goes on well - I slipped on the stairs and broke my ankle earlier this year and that was bad enough so hope she will make a full recovery. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so sorry to hear about your fall too. I do hope that your recovery is going well, a broken ankle is a nasty injury. I also hope that you too start blogging again.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see you blogging again! That's very distressing about your mum's fall, I'm glad she's doing better now. Wishing you and your family well, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mel. It was really distressing at the time and so absorbing of my time, but all is well now thankfully.

      Delete
  6. Great to see you back! Life can change so much over three years, I know mine has. And it has a habit of throwing curved balls in your direction when you least expect it. Glad that things are looking more settled for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes life can change a lot in three years and yes we have had many curved balls in that time, I like that expression not heard that one before.

      Delete
  7. Oh, welcome back, I've missed you.
    The blogging community is a wonderful thing - it made me smile to see some of your comments are from bloggers who I have never met, yet consider proper friends. Certainly earlier this year when we had a major trauma of our own, these were the people who were there to comfort & support in ways that will never be forgotten. xx
    I used to love reading about your life in another part of our county, and look forward to your posts in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jayne, I didn't realise I had such a local follower! The blogging community is a wonderful thing, I realised how much I had missed it over the past few weeks as I started to read blogs again it was that that made me realise that I really want to blog again and make it part of my life. For me it is like journalling or keeping a diary except that I am sharing it with many folks, instead of keeping it to myself, and getting to connect with some wonderful people all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - found you. Sorry to hear about your Mum, but glad to see you part of this blogging renaissance too. I'm moving back to blogger, so am in the process of duplicating my posts. lovely to have a good old fashioned blogroll again xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sorry I didn't respond to your email. I am looking forward to being a blogger again.

      Delete
  10. So lovely to see you friend! Life can sure throw many a curved ball but as you will have discovered once the dust settles we are the stronger for it :-). Sending a hug your way and looking forward to reading new posts as they occur, San xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You are right that you feel stronger for it once the dust has settled. Looking forward to reading and sharing along with you x

      Delete
  11. How lovely to see you back here. I missed your postings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to catching up with all my blogging friends.

      Delete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)