Knitting

09 October 2013


I have been doing as much finishing off as knitting projects this week.  I have some yarn to knit a cardigan for my eldest which I have really wanted to cast on this week but I have been disciplined, I have three projects that have been off the needles for some time that needed attention.  They have been languishing in a drawer for a few weeks so I set to and have been weaving in ends, blocking and sewing up.  I hope to be able to show you these in the next few days once I have sewn the buttons on my Antler Cardigan, sewn a lining in this hat and knitted some button bands and sewn the buttons on this cable jumper for my youngest.  The pattern did not call for button bands but there is a big gap on the jumper between the button hole band and the raglan edge of the sleeve, the jumper fits everywhere else so I guess my youngest is bigger in the shoulder area than the pattern.  I am hoping that creating a button band on each side will get rid of the gap, if it doesn't not sure what I will do then!

I finished reading Free to Learn and have returned to the The Elephant Keepers' Children this week luckily this is a book that you can dip in and out of and still keep up with what is going on, as like my knitting, it has been rather neglected of late.  It is an odd and surprisingly enjoyable read with some wonderfully named characters.

Joining in with Ginny for Yarn Along a sharing of knitting and reading.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your finishing! You've inspired me to contemplate an Antler cardigan. I've only knit the Antler hat so far but love the cables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater looks very beautiful, I love the color and the cables. Looking forward to see your FO's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pink... enjoy your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to be near the end, wrapping up projects... that's when I begin thinking of what to cast on next. Best of luck on that button band! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a struggle not to cast on new things isn't it? I am anxious to see your Antler cardigan with the buttons. I'm thinking it might be on my list after my Xmas knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to finish something, isn't it. I am bad at this lately must try harder... Good luck finishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking the sound of that book having just looked at it on Amazon ... thank you for the recommendation. And good luck with the finishing off, that's the bit I enjoy least too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)