Knitting

19 June 2013


I have cast on another project for me this week, a hat which I thought would be a gentle introduction to knitting cables.  The first few rows after the ribbing were hard as these were setting up the pattern.  The even rows on this pattern are to knit the knits and purl the purls as you see them.  I was struggling to see them and I may have made some mistakes although I can't tell now!  The cable stitches have turned out to be the easy bit.  I love this pattern and after a few rows I have now got into  it and can tell where I am.  I just hope it fits after all the work.

I have also been working on the scarf I shared last week and this cardigan which is slowly growing.  All my current projects are for me which is unusual, I do have projects for others in the pipeline!

I am away for the rest of this week on a camping trip with friends to celebrate midsummer.  If you leave me a comment, thank you, it may take some time to appear!  I will catch up with all the lovely post shared on this weeks work in progress over on Tami's blog at the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't done cables before, but it is on my very long "to learn" list this year. I don't know why I am so afraid to try them, everyone I talk to says they are easy once you start...so maybe I need to just find a pattern and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely go for it, cables can be great fun :)

      Delete
  2. Learning to read your knitting just takes practice. You'll have it in no time. Also cables are really easy once you see what is going on. You're just knitting stitches out of order.
    Your hat is lovely. I really like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty hat pattern!
    I loved learning cables last year. I was so afraid it was going to be difficult and it really isn't, is it?
    Enjoy your camping trip :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hat, it's going to look lovely when it's finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foliage hat is one of my favorites :)Cables are easy peasy once you get the hang of it (and keeping the stitches from falling off your cable needle) just knitting stitches out of order.

    For the stitches, keep in mind that the back of a knit is a purl and the back of a purl is a knit :) Purls look like they are being strangled and knits look like a pretty little scarf or V

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue! Hope you had a good camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pattern is gorgeous! It looks like you are doing a great job with the cables and I'm glad you find them easy. It's very easy to see the design on your hat, so youre off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cables aren't so difficult at they look; it all depends on how they're written in the pattern that makes it confusing (imho). :) Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)