Moments...

13 January 2014

...this week of...

...happiness a simple week at home, sunshine and blue sky, catching up with friends we had not seen for months, time outside

...sadness at hearing what my friend has being going through over the last few months

...creating mozzarella cheese, paper airplanes, knitting a cardigan and a shawl

...reading the same wonderful book Gossip from the Forest and these picture books I have written a short review of them here 3. Itsy Bitsy Animals by Margaret Wild, 4. Princess Poppy: The Royal Parade by Janey Louise Jones, 5. Jinnie Ghost by Berlie Doherty, 6. Eat Up Gemma by Sarah Hayes, 7. How Do You Feel? by Anthony Browne, 8. Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin, 9. Dandylion by Lizzie Finlay*

...learning about dolphins, dinosaurs, reptiles, lime kilns

...thinking about what we are going to do over the coming weeks

...hoping to get my garlic planted this week, I know its late but I am sure it would have rotted if I had planted it any earlier

...looking forward to visiting friends in their new house

*Joining in with the 300 Picture Book Challenge

4 comments:

  1. your moments are always so wonderful. I love a simple week at home, sunshine and blue skies. What could be more satisfying? I too, am hoping to get some bulbs and seeds planted (inside containers) this week. We are trying to grow more of our own food and flowers. It is all a huge learning experience for us. I hope you have a great week full of only good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an enjoyable week. Good luck with the garlic planting - I always like planting the garlic, it feels like the beginning of the growing season, the very first thing to go in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for linking up, and what a lovely list of books. I love how you've listed them with a short review. That's going to be a great page to browse through by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, making mozzarella - I really should have a go at that! If it's any consolation, I haven't planted the garlic I've got yet, either - we need to get some topsoil into the raised beds (there's already plenty of manure) but we just haven't been able to afford it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)