Seedlings

13 June 2013

This week has been all about seedlings in my garden.  I have been hardening off, gardening speak for getting my plants used to cooler temperatures outside as they have been started in the polytunnel, many of my seedling this week and planting them out.  There is very little space left now I have even planted some inside my pea wigwams!

So far, purple sprouting broccoli, white cabbage, kale, chard, spinach and lettuce seedlings have been planted out and I have sown some romanesco cauliflower seeds that I was given.  I have also bought some plants and seeds to restock my depleted herb garden which died of the cold and old age over the last winter.  I have planted rosemary, sage and cotton lavender also known as santolina plants and sown salad burnet, hyssop, borage and caraway seeds.  I would like a few more plants but could not get them from the garden centre I visited today so will keep hunting.

Over the course of the next week I am going to plant out courgette and cucumber seedlings, sow the last of my seed potatoes, plant out leek seedlings and onion sets and sow some more radishes, carrots, turnips and beetroot.

I am not sharing any pictures this week as I shared several last week and my garden has changed very little in the past week!


1 comment:

  1. I do love this time of year. I have cucumbers to plant out too, although I always struggle to grow them outside. I never give up though! Let's hope there's some good weather ahead, with maybe a little gentle rain at night to water things.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)