Lunch

17 May 2013

A while ago I decided that I would extend my meal plans to include lunches too.  I had been wavering for a while, it felt like it would be a bit too organised most of my friends are impressed that I plan my evening meal as none of them do so to add lunches as well?  I can't believe I took so long to cross that bridge, I tried it for a week and it was the best move I have made in a long time.  It now means that I no longer have a 12 o'clock moment of oh my it is lunch time what are we going to eat and I have the ingredients in the house to actually make something interesting as opposed to sandwiches every day.

So recently I have included, omelettes, couscous or quinoa salads, soups, new, to me, homemade breads, homemade tortillas, buckwheat pancakes, cheese scones, bean salad and deep fried cheddar balls.  So many of these I would like to have made in the past but I did not have the right ingredients or enough time to make them but with a bit of forward planning our lunches are far more interesting, ready at a time when we are hungry and healthy!

2 comments:

  1. As I can only get to the shops on a monday (and one day of grocery shopping is quite enough for me!) I also plan lunches and the evening meal. Like you we have omelettes, salades etc and I think that it is a very economical idea as well as practical. I'm not sure if homemade bread works out as cost efficient as it always gets wolfed down twice as quick as the shop stuff!! Our current favorite is Honey Wheat Bread (recipe from The Green Phone Booth).
    How are things looking in the garden? We got ground frost last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea - I plan evening meals but you have just convinced me to add lunches to the meal plan too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)