Mess

02 June 2012

We have had a busy week this week, not busier than we usually are, but coupled with little sleep my house, this week, has been messier than usual.

Since becoming a mother my house is not as tidy as it used to be. In the bringing this really bothered me, I would get frustrated that I could not manage to keep it clean and tidy. After a while I realise that I was wasting my energy getting frustrated and that it did not matter if the house was not clean and tidy all the time.

The house I grew up in was far from tidy. My parents still live in the same house and with no children at home any more, the house is still not tidy. Now that I have my own house and am a mother too, I realise that it is my father who is the messy one, with three children my mother could not possibly tidy up after us and him. I am sure that my need to keep my house tidy stems from the fact that I grew up in a messy and cluttered house.

I am aware that I now look at mess through different eyes, instead of looking at it with frustration, as in my early days as a parent, I now see it as something that can be done when I have the time. This morning after a really good night's sleep, I tackled some of the mess. The house is now looking a lot tidier than this morning, but the carpets could do with a hoover and other floors a wash, that can wait for another day. Small steps, there are other important things to be getting on with as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello......would love to hear from you :)