November in Photos

28 November 2019

November has been a difficult month for me, one of illness after illness, different each time, with a short break in between before I have caught the next thing.  I have spent most of the month resting inside, with short walks here and there for my sanity and a healthy dose of fresh air.  I am looking forward to an illness free December now.  As November draws to an end I am once again joining in the Photo Scavenger Hunt over on I live, I love, I craft, I am me... here are my photos inspired by words and words inspired by photos.

Seasonal View


A rare coinciding of lovely weather and feeling well meant that a last minute invitation to hang out with friends for an afternoon could be taken up.  We had a lovely paddle on a local lake, enjoying the last splendour of the autumn colours, followed by dinner at their house.  It was tinged with sadness as we heard of their plans to move away from the area.

Oops


My enforced hibernation has meant that I have been doing a lot knitting this month two hats, a pair of fingerless mitts, one of a pair of mitts and finishing off a cardigan.  Lots of knitting means more needles around and about and I have managed to break several.  The pair on the left should look like the pair on the right but they have lost their metal ends which enables them to be attached to a cable linking the two needles together.  I also managed to break a double pointed needle too!

Seashore


This time last year we were spending our last few days at home before heading off for a month in the sun.  All the Christmas cards were made and sent, the presents all bought, wrapped and posted or bagged up to be hand delivered and the house was nearly ready to be closed up for a month.  I cannot believe that it was a year ago.  We are very lucky to have friends who call a small island in the Bahamas home, we had flights to pay for but the accommodation was free.  We are hoping to return next year for a similar trip.

Card


We don't just make Christmas cards here but birthday cards too.  This is the one that Alice made for Cameron's birthday earlier this month.  He loves his mountain biking.

Striped


All that knitting and needle braking necessitated a ratch through my project bags where I found this scarf which I seem to have been neglecting.  I cast this on at least eighteen months ago if not longer, it is for Alice and was meant to be a ninth birthday present, she is now ten and half so maybe I will have it finished by her eleventh birthday?

Own Choice


My local town has fifteen signs dotted around which are very tongue in cheek.  Like any town it is has its fair share of street signage directing traffic or pedestrians, to keep us safe, signage for every aspect of our lives, their meanings are clear and keep everything running smoothly.  The 'extra' signs are an antidote to this, injecting a little humour.  I am a very visual person, so this sign is one of my favourites as I imagine people doing as it commands.

33 comments:

  1. That sign made me chortle! Sorry you've not been well, hopefully December will be a better month for you. Thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the sign too. Thank you for your well wishes I am pinning my hopes on December being a better month for me.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you have been crook, (unwell in Aussie language) and I hope you are better now. I love the idea of your furious knitting being so fierce that you break things! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I worked with loads of Aussies back in my 20s so I have heard that expression before, I have always been intrigued as to where it came from probably an old English expression. It has been furious knitting but sadly it was not whilst I was actually knitting that the needles broke it was my clumsiness when putting them in an out of bags and carrying them when out and about.

      Delete
  3. There's so many bugs doing the rounds at the moment, I'm not ill very often but I succumbed too. I hope you've got all your illness out of the way now ready for Christmas. What a beautiful view of the beach, how lucky you are to have friends living is such an idyllic location. I think the view of the lake is very beautiful too though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There does seem to be a lot of bugs around at the moment, I do hope that it is not a sign that antibiotics is no longer working or that we have some supper viruses around now as a result. I am hoping this is the last one, I am done with it now and want to get on with life properly. We are really lucky to have friends in such an amazing location although I would prefer it if they lived a little closer!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and gorgeous photos. The colours in the scarf are well chosen. Love the sign too - sounds like they are trying to attract people back to the high street in a very novel way. Our high street is quite dead - M&S moved out recently and another shop about to leave too at the end of their lease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My local town is quite unusual we have very few chain shops most are independents, there are very few empty shops. I shop on a Friday or Saturday and it is always busy in town on both these days. We had a big development about eight or nine years ago which included a new big supermarket everyone thought it would destroy the town, at first things did seem quieter but now it seems to have picked up again and it is still thriving. I love that I can do most, if not all, of my shopping in small independent shops where I know the staff well and we stand and chat whilst I am shopping it takes longer but it is a much nicer way of doing the weekly shop.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, but you've managed to do a lot in that time! Glad to hear you're recovering now. Love the sign - don't we all need things to make us smile at the moment?
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do indeed need things to make us smile at the moment. Thank you for your well wishes.

      Delete
  6. Ah another one of Penrith's mysterious signs! They do make me chuckle. Hope you have a much healthier December. Let's hope we have a fine frosty weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great signs aren't they, one of them is the banner for a FB group I am in. I too hope I have a healthier December, bit fed up of being ill now.

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry you have also been ill this month, here's hoping to a bug-free December. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you have been hit by illness after illness.

    Please have the mental attitude, that December will be healthy!!!!!

    Gentle hugs...

    🔥💛🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, I do hope December will be a month of good health.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry you've been unwell for much of the month. I do hope December is far kinder to you.
    The photograph of the beach is a perfect antidote to the grey weather we've been experiencing lately and, no doubt, you are looking forward to your return visit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jules, I hope December is a month of fine health. The beach is a good antidote to grey weather the photo is also my desktop photo on my laptop.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful photos and stories. Yes I've heard there are bugs around but, fingers crossed, I avoid them as I've no time to be ill! Love the card, seasonal view and laughed about your broken needles. But have a gold star for the seashore photo - oh the sunshine and view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad to hear that you have not succumbed to the bugs, I don't usually so I should be grateful really!

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear you've not been well this month, I hope December is a much better time for you. I like the seasonal view and the sign made me smile but my favourite just has to be the beach scene :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes. The beach scene is a favourite of mine too, it is my desktop photo on my laptop.

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear you've been so unwell. Hope the Silly Season & New Year bring health & happiness. Love both the lake & beach photos, but also the pretty colours in your scarf. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you well wishes. I am looking forward to a month of good health!

      Delete
  13. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but glad you were able to get out a little. Hopefully December will be a turnaround for you.
    I really love your lake photo, so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I always try to get out even when not feeling that well, fresh air is a good restorer.

      Delete
  14. Your blog is such a lovely, calming breath of air ♥️ I love the first photo with the canoes - stunning! Where do you live?? Or are you not saying on the blog...fine if not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much to me. I live in Cumbria on the edge of the Lake District, the lake is one in the national park. It is a beautiful part of the country and I am blessed to call it home.

      Delete
  15. It is a contrast isn't it in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been ill pretty much all of November too, it sure gets old fast. I hope it's all behind you now. I loved all of your photos, good to know you make all your own cards. That sign had me laughing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that you too have been ill, it does get old fast doesn't it. I do hope you feel a little better now.

      Delete
  17. that last sign is funny. I have caught just about every single illness that is in the air. I'm not catching a break these days.... Here's hoping that December is a healthy one for your family and for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that you too have been ill November too, I hope that December is a little better for us both.

      Glad you liked that sign!

      Delete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)