Yoke

11 March 2015




_____________________________


The washing needs loading

The sun is shining

The surfaces need dusting

Hair needs brushing

The sun is shining

The carpets need a hoover

The washing machine has finished

The sun is still shining

There are lists to write 

Can you read this book, Mama?


They do not swamp me or choke me

Are they my burdens?

They will be done, 

sometime


The sun is calling me 

Outside we go


______________________________


Prompted by writealm

13 comments:

  1. You have your priorities right here I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippy - the sun is shinning here and outside we go too! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I looked at the prompt this morning, and just as I started to write the little man called out :) I will take some time this afternoon to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words. I had no idea what to write for this Write Alm prompt, but I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've said it perfectly. I love visiting here because you always seem to "get" the way I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the sunshine!!! This week in here the Sun it's not shining a lot :(

    Have a nice day!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I like to think of our "yokes" as what connects our lives to the greater life of this world, I appreciate how you bear yours so thoughtfully. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely words today- every day chores lightened by sunlight.

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)