Knitting

29 January 2014


I have had an up and down week with knitting this week.  I frogged the socks I started, I decided the pattern does not go with the yarn, I am going to make a pair of these instead.  I still want to make a pair using the original pattern just need to find the right yarn!  I have been knitting a present for my mum, the time I have to complete it is running out and the rows just get longer and longer.....
Last night I realised I had made a mistake and had to rip out six rows, six rows I nearly wept.  A few hours work gone in a second, it took me ages to get the stitches back on the needle and get knitting again.  It took me to ages to realise that the root of the mistake was at the end of the previous row, once I got that sorted I was off again but a few rows behind where I wanted to be!  I would like to get this finished by the tenth of next month to give me time to block it properly before we travel to my mums on the fifteenth.  I am trying to knit at least three rows a day in order that I am not knitting in a frenzy in a weeks time!  I hope I can get it done....I am, however, loving this pattern and would love to knit another!

This is a surprise present for a significant birthday my mother is celebrating next month.  When I last visited her I had a sneaky peak in her wardrobe to decide what colour would work for her.  I couldn't find any yarn I liked in my local yarn shops so I resorted to buying online, something I rarely do when I want a specific colour.  It is slightly lighter than my photo, it was hard to get a good one on this grey day we are having, and I was not convinced at first but it has grown on me.  The yarn is from The Natural Dye Studio, a 4 ply yarn called Dazzling in the shade Malsmead a shade that is not available at the moment.

I has taken me a while to get into the book I am reading, Consolation by Anna Gavalda.  It is written in a style I have not read for a while.  It is flits about in time and it is not always clear where I am in time or who the main character is thinking about!  I have got used to it now and am enjoying reading it.

Joining in with Ginny for a sharing of knitting and reading and Tami for yarny works in progress head on over to we what others are up to...

10 comments:

  1. Seems we have much in common, home educating, growing food, eating local, and knitting! Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate frogging! That feeling of frustration leading to weeping... I know it well! I really love the color and pattern in your picture, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colour of that yarn ... it's gorgeous. Hope you have an uneventful sprint to the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shade. Sorry about having to unpick it, what a nuisance. It does look so very beautifully done though, your mum will absolutely love it no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ripping is such a sad sad event usually it goes with being tired at least for me. Hopefully it's onward and upward!! Lovely color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've picked a lovely color....i'm sure mom will be thrilled! happy rip-less knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color you have chosen is beautiful! Such a lovely gift..I'm sure your mom will be very happy with it. I completely understand your frustration with ripping out stitches...I have done my fair share of that lately,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mum will love it and appreciate the effort that has gone into it I'm sure. How frustrating for you though and doesn't it always happen that annoyances like the unpicking always come along in groups? Hope that things will settle for you and that you get enough quiet time to finish your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that you have had to be frogging, it is so horrid when you have to do this. The colour of your yarn is lovely, I am sure that your Mum will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour so beautiful and the textured pattern is gorgeous. Hope you will be blessed with plain sailing from here on in!

    San xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)