Lentils

31 May 2013

Sometimes the best laid plans can go awry when it is not possible to foresee what the weather is going to do.  I plan my lunches these days, usually a list of seven meals and each day I choose one from those that are left.  This week of planning we are away for five lunches so that left two for the days at home one yesterday and one today.  I am not one to complain when the weather turns out to be hot, really hot when cool temperatures are forecast but I had planned on soup.  So in the midst of cooking up a whole load of salads, cheese sticks, mini quiches and cakes for our few days away camping. I found myself trying to cobble together an alternative.  I went for a snack of cheese and crackers and made the soup anyway as it was starting to cloud over and sure enough it got much cooler and the soup got eaten as a second lunch.  This is a great soup to cook if you really fancy soup and don't have many vegetables to make some as it uses a medium sized potato and a small onion.

Lentil Soup
180g Red Lentils
1 medium potato peeled and chopped
1 small onion peeled and chopped
1 tsp paprika
1.5 litres stock

Put all the ingredients in a pan, cook until potatoes is tender, whizz in a blender to a purée and eat!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I love lentils. I often add some coconut milk to my red lentil soup. Have a great weekend. Hope you get nice weather - raining here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious and simple. I can see how this would quickly become a store cupboard staple in our house. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the addition of the paprika, thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)