Knitting

03 April 2013


I have managed to cast off a couple of projects this week.  The last pair of Cosy Little Toes and the Purple Jacket this has been blocked and I am now in the slow process of sewing it together I will share pictures when it is compete!  The Baby Cardigan I shared last week has stalled.  I have completed the body and now need to knit the arms, I had completely forgotten to buy the right size dpns when I bought the yarn.  I returned to my local yarn shop at the weekend and they did not have any in stock, they have ordered some in for me which I hope will be in soon.  In the meantime I have returned to the cardigan I am knitting for myself, I have cast on a sleeve and it is knitting up much quicker than the body.

I finished the book I was reading last week, it was a wonderful read in case you want to read it too I will not reveal the ending as it would spoil it.  I am reading something completely different this week.    Longitude by Dava Sobel is about the quest to measure longitude (the vertical lines that meet at the poles) to enable sailors to accurately measure their position.  It is hard in this day and age to imagine a time when this could not be measured.  I have only just started the book so have yet to find out how this was eventually achieved.

Joining in with Tami for this weeks work in progress and Ginny for this weeks sharing of knitting and reading.

11 comments:

  1. wow I wish I could knit like that! what a beautiful colour yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking yarn, that's going to be one gorgeous cardigan! I tend to use a small circular needle or two circular needles instead of DPN's although I recently worked out how to magic loop and it's surprisingly simple once you get your head round it. A baby cardigan might be a good place to give it a go?

    Happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds really interesting! And that yarn looks so soft and pretty! It will make a great cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too am knitting baby jumpers, one of my fav. knits. Longitude is a great book, interesting and amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's soooo frustrating when you come back from your LYS and realize you haven't bought the right thing!! The same happened to me with a zipper recently... Still haven't managed to go back to get the right one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many sets of needles - some from Mom, some from my grandma - that I can't imagine ever not having the size I need :) Lovely green for your aran cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely color!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-83/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well the sleeve looks great. i just hate it when i forget what i need and end up having to stop in the middle of a project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to seeing your fo's :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Longitude sounds like such a great book. I love learning about things that I take for granted!

    ReplyDelete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)