Knitting

30 January 2013


On the needles this week is an ever growing sock shared last week I have turned the heal, rejoined  and am working on the foot part.  I have cast on the other sock as I find knitting the cuff fairly tedious.  When I can swop between the two it feels quicker!  I am also still working on the jacket shared a couple of weeks ago, I have now completed the back, left front and half the right front.  I hope I can get it finished before the temperatures warm up!

I had a knitting related injury this week.  I managed to stand on my knitting with bare feet, I did not realise that is what I had stepped on but it hurt like mad.  When I looked down I saw, to my horror, that the needle was stuck in my foot!  So, never leave your knitting on the floor where you are likely to be walking in bare feet.

I am still reading and enjoying The Shock Doctrine.  It continues to terrify and engage me.

Joining in with Tami for this weeks WiP Wednesday and Ginny for this weeks sharing of knitting and reading.

13 comments:

  1. Stab wounds are the worst. Make sure it is healing otherwise see a doctor. The socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I hope you didn't injure yourself too badly, that sounds pretty brutal.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh pretty sock yarn!!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!!! one of the hazards of the hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to learn to knit socks! Those look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeep! oh my goodness. i hope that heals up well, puncture wounds are the worst.
    on the bright side your sock looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo. Knitting related puncture wound. OUCH! The sock progress looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sock is beautiful!
    I hope your foot is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I hope your knitting injury gets better and I will make sure not to walk on my needles :) Love the socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two socks at the same time is great idea.
    OUCH with the knitting injury! Unfortunately you are not the first person I have read this happening to. I hope it heals quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your foot is healing nicely, I reckon that must go down in history as THE worst form of knitting injury!

    San x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your kind words. My foot is healing nicely and my knitting is no longer on the floor!

      Delete

Hello......would love to hear from you :)