I planted some Liatris bulbs this spring for summer flowering. We have had such a cold, wet summer this year that I thought they would not flower at all. The warm weather this week has bought some of the flowers out. The ones in flower have been covered in butterflies and bees which is why I planted them.
- Small Tortoiseshell sharing the flower with what I thought was a very interesting looking bee but it turns out is a Footballer Hoverfly as I found on on this appropriately named blog
- Peacock Butterfly sharing the flower with honey bees
- Small Tortoiseshells with a bumble bee
- Small Tortoiseshell and Peacock
- Honey bee and Footballer Hoverfly