Knitting

25 July 2012

I am joining Ginny and others with this week's sharing of knitting and reading. On the needles this week is Lacy Julian Hat by Raya Budrevich.  I am using a Debbie Bliss eco baby cotton yarn, which is lovely and soft it is a left over ball from another project.   This is my first project on circular needles in the round. The pattern is easy to follow, if you are concentrating! It has an eight row lacy pattern which I made several mistakes in during the first time round. Unravelling the stitches was a nightmare and I ended up spending a whole evening sorting out all the dropped stitches. 



Reading wise, it is very slow at the moment. If I have time to knit I am not reading and vice versa. I used to be an avid reader, reading two or three books a week. My time is spent elsewhere at this time of my life, I am sure the time to read my own books, as opposed to those to my children, will return one day. I am dipping in and out of The Secret Life of Birds by Colin Tudge. It is a very readable exploration into the lives of our feathered friends and a good book to put down and not pick up for a few weeks as there is no storyline to forget in the meantime. I am also reading War Horse by Michael Morpurgo to my eldest child as a bedtime story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello......would love to hear from you :)